Thursday, August 23, 2012

Free Felt Bat Pattern for Halloween



Sure wishing the weather would start cooling off here.  I'm so ready for fall and Halloween to get here.  Oh, but wait!  Then I'd have to have all these projects done!  Nevermind.  :) 

While the daughter was busy sewing her felt/polar fleece stuffies this summer, I sat down with her a few times to create this bat for her. 



He's about 10" wide and 3.5" tall and made with mostly felt scrap, a piece of chenille stem and some buttons. The chenille stem makes the wings slightly posable.  I have to say that, though I enjoyed myself, handsewing the entire thing has really made me appreciate my sewing machine.



If you'd like to make one of these, I've put together a free pattern with some brief instructions on Craftsy.com:



http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/toy/felt-button-bat/160384 - I'd really love to hear if you give it a try!

BTW, while I was making my bat, the daughter tried her hand at a baby bat, too. :)  Isn't it adorable?! It's pretty small at only 4" in length.  She gave it to me and it is now sitting on my computer speaker until I find it a better spot.  She's still at the stuffy making frenzie.  I'll post some more of her work, soon.



Hope you're having a crafty time! 

No comments: